Saturday, August 18, 2012

Movie of the Week: Vivacious Lady (1938)


Vivacious Lady


Starring: Ginger Rogers and Jimmy Stewart
Directed By: George Stevens
Synopsis: After a whirlwind courtship, a nightclub singer has to adjust to her professor husband's conservative family.

Another one of my favorites! It's one of the best romantic comedies in my opinion. It has everything you could want in a film. A great director, superb dialogue and a fabulous cast! Ginger and Jimmy's on screen chemistry is just perfect. I read somewhere that they were dating at the time so maybe that had something to do with it? ;) One of my all time favorite movie scenes is when Ginger's character, Francey, gets into a bit of a cat fight with Frances Mercer's character, Helen. It's absolutely hilarious, I still laugh out loud every time I watch it!

The only negative thing I can say is that this film is not available to purchase on dvd! I'm quite baffled by that. Hopefully it will be available to purchase at some point in the future because I'd love to add it to my collection! However, it is available on YouTube to watch.

Trailer:

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful movie post, Christina! The thirties were such a marvelous decade for films - no doubt brought on, at least in part, by the fact that pictures were now (pretty much) all talkies and that opened up such an incredible new world of possibility and talent.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! A lot of my favorite films are from the thirties! :)

      xx Christina

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts! I always read and appreciate them! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will try and answer them to the best of my ability!

xx Christina