Monday, February 14, 2011

Movie of the Week: Gone with the Wind (1939)


Starring: Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland and Hattie McDaniel
Directed By: Victor Fleming (George Cukor and Sam Wood) Uncredited
Synopsis: American classic in which a manipulative woman and a roguish man carry on a turbulent love affair in the American south during the Civil War and Reconstruction.

Okay I have to admit that I've never seen this movie all the way through until a few nights ago. 31 Days of Oscar has been on TCM and I just happened to catch it. Running almost 4 hours it is quite a long film but I didn't mind. There is an intermission halfway through so you do get a small break haha. It had a good mix of drama, romance, and action. I'm a big fan of period dramas so I can't forget to mention the costumes. They were amazing! In my opinion I thought it was an excellent film. If you haven't seen it yet then I highly recommend watching it if you get a chance because it's definitely a classic.

Trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts! I always read and appreciate them! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will try and answer them to the best of my ability!

xx Christina