Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Movie of the Week: The Awful Truth (1937)


Starring: Cary Grant and Irene Dunne
Directed By: Leo McCarey
Synopsis: This captivating screwball comedy stars Cary Grant and Irene Dunne as Jerry and Lucy Warriner, a married couple who mistakenly suspect each other of infidelity and file for divorce -- but then go to ridiculous lengths to make each other jealous.

This is one of my favorite films! I absolutely adore Irene Dunne and Cary Grant was such a great comedic actor. They had such wonderful chemistry together which makes it a joy to watch. That chemistry is probably what led them to make two other films together after this - My Favorite Wife (1940) and Penny Serenade (1941). This film also stars a little terrier named Mr. Smith who is quite the scene stealer! Even though I have seen this movie many times I still laugh at the same parts over and over again. I think that's one of the reasons why this is a favorite for me...I never get tired of it! If you are a fan of comedy films or just love old movies like I do then I would suggest seeing this!


Movie Clip:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts! I always read and appreciate them! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will try and answer them to the best of my ability!

xx Christina